Tax Bill Options
Upon receiving your 2022 property tax bill, you may elect to make partial payments in any amount and at any interval provided the taxes are paid in full before becoming delinquent. If you cannot pay your bill in full prior to the date of delinquency, limited options are available for establishing short-term payment plans. We encourage taxpayers needing a payment arrangement to utilize the payment plan coupons enclosed in their tax bill. If additional time is needed you must contact the Tax Administrator's office as soon as possible. The deadline for establishing a payment plan is January 5, 2023.
The deadline to pay 2022 property taxes will be January 5, 2023. Taxes paid on or after January 6, 2023 will be charged a two-percent interest penalty for the month of January and an additional three-fourths percent every month thereafter, until the bill is paid in full including interest and fees.
Taxpayers can pay taxes using any of the following options:
- Taxes may be paid by using the pre-addressed payment stub, located on the bottom of the tax bill, and the envelope provided. Please include the payment stub if paying by mail.
- Tax Payments submitted by mail shall be deemed to be received as of the date shown on the postmark affixed by the United States Postal Service. If no date is shown on the postmark or the postmark is not affixed by the United States Postal Service, the tax payment shall be deemed to be received when the payment is received by the Tax Administration.
- Please make out your check or money order payable to County of Carteret.
- If you do not have your tax bill payment coupon, you can locate and print a copy online at Search Tax Bills and mail it to:
Carteret County Tax Administration
302 Courthouse Square
Beaufort, NC 28516
- Any of the four major credit cards: American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa, e-Check, or PayPal. A PayPal account is not required to pay by credit card.
- There is a flat fee of $1.50 when paying by electronic check draft.
- All credit cards will be charged a convenience fee of 2.50% of the amount paid plus a .30 per transaction fee.
- Taxes may be paid in person at the Tax Administration Office, located at Carteret County Courthouse, 302 Courthouse Square, Beaufort, NC 28516. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (excluding holidays). You may pay by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card (*Note: fees apply to credit/debit card payments). Please bring a copy of your bill when visiting in person.
By phone by calling 1-888-544-9433
- Taxes may be paid by cred/debit card; (*Note: fees apply to credit/debit card payments)
- You will need a copy of your tax bill to enter the payment information; go to Search Tax Bills to view or print a copy of the tax bill
Please direct any questions or comments about the data displayed here to the Tax Administration Office.