- For general information on voter registration in North Carolina, click here.
- Am I Registered? Check the status of your voter registration online.
- Register to vote, or update your registration, using the NC Voter Registration Form.
- Cancellation Form for voters who have moved away from Carteret County or want to cancel their voter registration.
- Deceased voters
- Deceased voters are removed during the list maintenance procedures including checks against death records from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, as well as the Carteret County Register of Deeds.
- Notification of Deceased Voter Form can be used by a near relative of a deceased voter, or a personal representative of the deceased voter's estate.
If you are registering for the first time in Carteret County, or if you are changing your party affiliation, you may do so by submitting a voter registration form. Your full name, address, where you live, date of birth, and signature, are mandatory fields that may be filled in. All fields on the forms are extremely important and we request that you fill them in.
You may mail your completed voter registration form to Carteret County Board of Elections, 1702 Live Oak St., Beaufort, NC 28516. You may also hand deliver the form to the Carteret County Board of Elections at 1702 Live Oak St., Beaufort, NC 28516.
Electronic signatures received via email or fax DO NOT satisfy the requirement of an original signature for first time registrations.
If you are currently registered to vote in Carteret County and you are using the application to update your name, address, or party affiliation: You may email a scanned image of your signed application. Your full name, address, where you live, date of birth, and original signature are mandatory fields that must be filled in. All fields on the form are extremely important and we request that you fill them in. You may email your completed voter registration form to Carteret County Board of Elections at email@example.com.
The deadline to register to vote is 25 days before the day of the election. Voter registration forms that are received at the Carteret County Board of Elections office or postmarked by the deadline are accepted as valid applications for the upcoming election.
Early Voting provides an all-purpose solution for those seeking to:
- avoid potential delays on Election Day
- vote on convenient days and during non-working hours
- register to vote (proof of residency is required)
- avoid any registration conflict that could trigger the necessity of a provisional ballot on Election Day; or
- update their Carteret County voter record if they have moved within the county since last voting.
Proof of residency is required when using Same Day Voter Registration during Early Voting. The acceptable documents that may be used to provide proof of residency include: a North Carolina Drivers License, a photo ID from a government agency, a copy of one of the following that shows the name and address of the voter: a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document.