To access the N.C. Voter Registration Form in English, click here.
To access the N.C. Voter Registration Form in Spanish, click here.
Existing DMV customers may click here to register online.
About Voter Registration
- For general information on voter registration in North Carolina, click here.
- Am I Registered? Check the status of your voter registration, using the N.C. Voter Registration Form
- Cancellation Form for voters who have moved away from Carteret County or want to cancel their voter registration.
- Deceased voters
- Deceased voters are removed during list maintenance procedures including checks against death records from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, as well as the Carteret County Register of Deeds.
- Notification of Deceased Voter Form can be used by a relative or deceased voter, or a personal representative of the deceased voter's estate.
Online Voter Registration
The North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles and the North Carolina State Board of Elections have partnered to offer existing DMV customers a stand alone option for registering to vote, changing their party affiliation, and updating their voter registration address. Click here to access this online service. Name changes cannot be made using this online service. Please download and complete a N.C. Voter Registration Form to complete other voter registration changes.
Existing DMV customers are individuals who already have a N.C. Driver's License or any DMV issued identification. This service does not require the user to complete a DMV transaction (such as duplicate or license renewal) at same time.
Voter registration services are always free of charge.
Applications for new registration and party affiliation changes that are submitted fewer than 25 days before an election will not be processed until after the election. Same-day registration is available for new registrations after this deadline at any site during the early voting period. Click here for more information on early voting.